Friday 21 June 2013

A Bit About Vocademy....


Vocademy Singing Lessons
If you are a regular reader of this blog you will know that I have a soft spot for Vocademy (www.vocademy.co.uk) because I adore their passion, professional attitude and innovative approach. So, this week I thought I'd let them have a bit of a chat about who they are and what they do... so, over to the guys and gals...

"Hello, my name is Jenna; I work in the office of Vocademy, which is a company offering singing lesson to all ages and ability. If you call or email us, it’ll be me you speak to. I deal with enquiries, support the teachers and liaise with parents and students. Everyday I head to our office in the creative City of Brighton to develop Vocademy – making it the best it can be for aspiring singers. There are four of us running the show: Damo, Sam, Luke and myself - all passionate about music, education and giving opportunity to people.  On top of that we have an ever-growing team of wonderful and experienced teachers who work hard across the UK to motivate, support and guide the students of Vocademy.

Group singing (7-18yrs)
The group classes run part-time over the course of ten weeks. These sessions are really interactive and focus on confidence building. Each session they learn valuable singing skills and techniques, which they utilise as they then work on a modern pop song together. The classes are split into three age groups enabling the kids to explore singing in a comfortable environment, developing their skills as they progress through Vocademy. In the office we come up with ways of making the course structure exciting and rewarding for the youngsters, so it constantly evolves. This term we had a live musician week and a performance week, both gave our children the chance to experience different aspects of singing, have even more fun and perform songs of their choice. At the end of each term we organise a local gigs for the children, parents, teachers and ourselves to enjoy and celebrate the student’s progress. For me, my main involvement is talking to parents and students when they call to enquire. From these enquiries I set up free taster sessions, enrol students and follow up on their progress – keeping in constant contact with the teachers and parents throughout each term. So, although I am working in the office, I still maintain a relationship and involvement as Vocademy’s first port of call.

Private tuition (all ages).
Our private tuition is set up to aid each individual student to whatever his or her want and need is. I deal with 1-2-1 enquiries and organise free consultations with a teacher in their area. I love speaking to new students; the people who contact me all vary. It could be someone wanting to get some extra guidance before a show/audition, or even somebody who has never sung before and wants to start from scratch. My favourite enquiry for 1-2-1 tuition was from a gentleman who had no experience in singing but, for his anniversary, wanted to learn a song to surprise his wife! Anything goes here at Vocademy, we are here to help and our teachers are trained, motivated and ready for anything. 

So, that is an insight on what we are about and what the office team and I get up to. All four of us are working really hard to run and develop Vocademy. If you want to keep updated we are on Facebook and Twitter where we feed news, blogs, singing tips and interact with our students, parents and teachers.

Singing brings a feeling of self-expression, release and confidence. Whether it is a hobby, a new interest or a life-long ambition! As a performer myself, I love that I work for a company who helps and encourages people to experience the joy of singing. It’s feels like a real community and I am proud to be a part of it."

See, I told you these guys were the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment